About DSST Prep
10900 Research Blvd Ste 160C PMB 1356 Austin, TX 78759
In the workplace, supervision consists of the interlocking functions of organizing, planning, controlling, and managing an organization’s resources in order to achieve the organization’s objectives. Issues such as planning, organization, directing and motivating personnel, and managing the workplace environment are a supervisor’s responsibilities.
The Principles of Supervision DSST exam was developed to enable schools to award credit to students for knowledge equivalent to that learned by students taking a business supervision course. This exam tests the knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the supervisor–planning, organization and staffing; directing at the supervisory level; legal issues; stress management; union environments; and quality concerns.
The following is an outline of the content areas covered in the examination. The approximate percentage of the examination devoted to each content area is also noted.
I. Roles and Responsibilities of Managers and Supervisors – 20%
II. Management Functions – 50%
III. Organizational Environment – 30%
All test questions are in a multiple-choice format, with one correct answer and three incorrect options. The following are samples of the types of questions that may appear on the exam.
1. Which of the following terms is commonly used to refer to each employee’s obligation to execute all duties to the best of his or her ability?
2. The planning that supervisors do is directly derived from plans of?
3. A supervisor who works in a company that follows the party principle of delegation would be most likely to say which of the following?
4. Which of the following is an example of a line employee?
5. Employee counseling is usually NOT appropriate for addressing an employee’s?
6. When a prospective employee is being interviewed, which of the following questions CANNOT be asked?
7. Which of the following persons developed the theory of a hierarchy of needs?
8. Maintenance of departmental discipline in a factory is the function of the:
Backed by Our Money-Back Guarantee!
Here’s what you need to know about this exam: